The life of a teenager involves a such continuous chain of crushes that it’s almost a full time job. Okay who am I kidding? It never stops when we get older, we just get preoccupied with real life men that are admittedly less dreamy but more available. Here is a list of my celebrity crushes;
1. Idris Elba – Let us all just have a moment to sigh. It’s his accent I think though it could be the fact that he is a tall, regal, black man with everything in its right place. Obsessed brought him into my radar though I had watched him in Sometimes In April. But it was Daddy’s Little Girls that sealed the deal, from that moment on he could do no wrong. I try to stay away from watching his music videos though, he should stick to acting.
2. Channing Tatum – Another sighing moment please. He is tall, well built and the best part, he can dance. I first saw him in Step Up and his dancing caught my eye. Then he made me cry in The Vow, made me burst out laughing in 21 Jump Street and he pulled at my heart strings in White House Down. He strikes me as a calm and gentle guy. He is a family man and a great one at that. I’m looking forward to 22 Jump Street which will be out very soon. I hope it will be as funny as the first one.
3. Benedict Cumberbatch – *Double sigh* He has weird good looks. But it’s not so much his appearance as his disposition that draws me. I first saw him in Sherlock. Now I love Sherlock with all my heart and he makes the aspect of being a high functional sociopath very attractive. So it was just inevitable that I like him too.
4. Anthony Mackie – He is the embodiment and definition of cute. I don’t remember where I first saw him but he slowly grew on me in The Adjustment Bureau, Gangster Squad, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Pain and Gain. He was awesome in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I think he is highly underrated and it is about time he got a lead role in a movie.
5. Incredible Hulk – I know it’s a bit off. But in my defence, I have never claimed to be normal. I only have the hots for the hulk in Avengers though. I think he’s a big softie even though he’s a pile of hard, angry muscle. And I know he’s not real but neither is our perception of who most of these celebrities are.
So there you have it. Let me know what your list is.